Friday 29 May 2009

Pepa seed spits seven questions at Poet...Exclusive




I managed to catch BlaqPoet real quick for seven questions i needeed answered heres what he said>>>>

JPS: The Blaqprint sounds like a classic from the early 90s with 2010 feel, what was your vision for the Blaqprint album?

POET:My vision was a hardcore street hip hop LP and we knocked it outta here!!!

JPS:You teamed up with Easy mo Bee and DJ Premier for Tha Blaqprint. How did this come about and what was it like working with those two legends?

POET:Easy mo is fam. He made badboy pop. His sound is classic I need that and working wit both of them was crazy. I never 4 get it.

JPS:From your days as PHD and a member of Screwball do you think the Blaqprint is your greatest work yet and was it easier or harder to work on than deja screw?

POET:Deja Screw was a lil taste of the blaqprint 2 come me and hotday did our thing with p.h.d. It's on another level and my screwball shit is classic so its only right 2 get better.

JPS:Was there anyone that you wanted to work with on Tha Blaqprint that didn't happen for one reason or another?

POET:I got a lot of thuns known and unknown that want 2 rock but its hectic. Gotta work fast but ima get it in with my thuns.

JPS:Was there anything particular that helped you draw inspiration for the Blaqprint and how did you come up with the name for the album?

POET:I just love this shit and I got the blaqprint 2 this street shit.

JPS:Why did you change your name from PHD and how did you chose Blaq poet?

POET:Me and hotday went different ways and then I made screwball and added the blaq cuz ima blaq mother fucker!!
(hahahahaha)
JPS:What can you tell readers at the pepamill about Blaqpoet that they may not know?

POET:I'm just a real dude ya kno? I'm a fan of hip hop 4 life all kinds of hiphop is healthy 4 the game, I do what I do.
If u feel me fuck with me, if not fuck outta here!!!

JPS: Nice....hahaha ..thanks for your time.

There you have it seven from pepa to BlaqPoet....dude is real

No comments: