Sunday 21 September 2008

Benny Hill Riddim 2008


18th April 1992 was a sad day for Hill fans around the world. To mark the 16.5 year anniversary of his passing, the cream of contemporary bashment talent have come together to salute this global ambassador of cutting edge UK comedy.

Long time personal friend Elephant Man, whose talent was nurtured by Hill when they met in Jamaica in the late 80's, had this to say..

"“Benny is the artist that give me inspiration, mentor me on several decision and he was always there for me and bless me early in my career. I am sad that my friend is no longer here for us to eat and laugh together, or even have our birthdays together as we shared the same birth month, April.”

The 'Energy God’s close link to Benny is the reason why most of his performances include a tribute to the great comedian.

“I have a single out entitled ‘Slap Pon 'Ed Top’ where I also give tribute to Benny, while most people say that song is a bashing song it is not so, it's reality,”

You know Da Pepamill's got ya back as far as anything Benny Hill related is concerned, so kick back and enjoy...

Benny Hill Riddim 2008

No comments: