Monday 29 September 2008

DOOBIE HOWSERS PUGILISM ISM #1

Ricardo Mayorga (Pepamill hero?)


For those of you nerks who never heard (yah hurd?) of this loco.. illegal street racing.. cigar smoking.. super kestrel swigging pugilist. Mayorga was born and bred in the streets of Managua, Nicuragua "I come from a country where everything is war," Mayorga said. "Even the women are tough. In Nicaragua, women give birth wherever-in the middle of the street, in the countryside-with no medical attention". A former Welterweight champion.. the best way to describe his style; 'I don't wanna see any Jackie Chan bollox, I wanna see some windmilling in!!' i.e.



After dealing a beat down Mayorga likes to light up mayn;



He's got to be one of the funniest trash talkers in boxing (special mention goes to Mike Tyson eating Lennox non existent kids and telling a reporter he's going to fuck him in the arse? no homo?) The soundbites from press conferences are classic and the footage is well worth a watch just to see the rise he gets out of feelingcatchers. Some of my favourites:


"You are not going to lay me down, you will lay your wife down next to me, i'll be the step-dad to your kids after this fight."

“If he wants to come out running, I’m going to give him a pink skirt and some pink skates so he can just go around the ring like a little Barbie.”

"I am going to carry a 14 pound pig named Vargas into the ring. Vargas is nothing more than a pig that is all that he is, you see this fat girl in this photo? This the fat girl I am going to knock out. I would like to introduce her to you today. She is Fernando Vargas."

“I have been sparring with live chickens as they emulate ‘chicken’ De La Hoya best. They run just like he does. Most people don’t understand that of all the fighters in boxing, Oscar is the one I like least. He’s a pretty boy and it makes me want to defeat him."

Mayorga's plus points; iron chin/unpredictable/not right in the head ...his iron chin helps him out if he decides to do this;



(an example of what can happen if you ain't got an iron chin and you do the same below)



I think we all have a bit of Mayorga about us....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Got plugged by sugar Shane on Sat tho....some Rocky shit with one sec to go. Shit was fucked up anyway cos he was somehow behind on the cards - pisstake. Props for reppin him tho - him v Trinidad was prob his best ruck.

Doobie Howser MC said...

I know Mosley went for it, If you watch the slow mo he put everything into those punches ..and Mayorga was close to finally beating an elite fighter..

Jr Pepa Seed said...

Good work doobie you gotta love the 60 a day el Matador....this is why you are on pepamill bro...we love our Boxin here